Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I dread what might be ...

My ever attentive husband has Alzheimer's disease and the monster is getting ever worse. Little by little he is becoming more and more confused.

All of last year we talked about going to Pennsylvania in the fall of 2010 for my 50th high school reunion. I was really looking forward to seeing my classmates. Well, looks as if my plans have changed. All of this year my husband has been making plans for doing some traveling to see his sons and grand kids. This journey will take him all of 30 plus days to complete. Going to Pennsylvania is no longer in the thought processes. He has totally forgotten the many conversations we had all of last year.

Remind him, you might suggest. Are you out of your mind! Dealing with certain aspects of this person has become quite complicated. On one level he is the adult male that I adore. However, the other levels include a petulant child. A side of him that I rather not have to deal with. This child is very good at sulking and throwing what would be termed as a temper tantrum if were not so sad to witness. No, I shall keep my mouth shut and bear witness to the many convoluted levels of the man with Alzheimer's.

No comments:

Post a Comment