Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A feeling that I am closing a chapter in my life

This past week has been hectic. My husband has been in the Reno, Nevada area closing a storage unit we have had for almost five years. His sister flew in from Wisconsin to help him pack boxes.

I knew for a long time that I would be almost useless if I made the trip. Imagine what being locked up in a metal building, in the heat, packing. There is no way I could stand the heat and my MS would not have permitted me to be of much use.

Walt and his sister got to visit with some of our old friends. They also went out to dinner with folks that used to be our bosses and are now friends. I missed that. However, I cannot imagine flying 3000 miles to have dinner! Maybe I would have done it in my younger years but not now.

I wax nostalgic about missing the entertaining times that went along with this trip. However, another pair of hands would have come handy with the packing. It may have been a little less frantic. Boy, I could cry 'cause illness has prevented me from going.

I now have to turn another page in my novel of life, I feel the special someones in Nevada are turning a corner and I am unable to follow.
I have to close this chapter not with a bang of the swinging door, but with a whisper of weather stripping crossing the linoleum floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment