Monday, August 17, 2009

Too Busy to even Think!......

Well now, that does not seem like such a radical statement.... who said I could think cohesively, anyway? I like to think that most of my thinking is productive, albeit not too practical at times.
My husbands cognition is slowly melting. However, he is on medication and lets hope that it does not get to the puddle stage.

I was reading on a message board about a man and his wife. His wife has MS and he has tried to be loyal and loving and helpful. But, her MS is attacking her cognition. The powers that be tried to tell them early on that MS does not attack the brain... ah fellas, my brain MRI's show so many lesions that the doctor's cannot count them.

How can that be? MS does not attack the brain? Since when? MS is a central nervous system illness. It attacks the brain, optical nerve and spinal cord.

Anyhow, this fellow's story would drive a grown man to cry. I know it really affected this woman. I tried to say the right thing. I explained that I could relate, in a way, because of Walt's Alzheimer's.
I wasn't trying to walk a mile in his shoes. I was just explaining how I related and hoped that he would take comfort that there are folks who would walk beside him.

No comments:

Post a Comment