Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I am on vacation

in my own home! Fancy That!

I have always been of the mind that every so often couples should take separate vacations. I will get to prove that to myself this week. My ever so attentive husband is in Reno on a mission. What kind of mission? He is going to Dayton, Nevada to close a storage we have had there since our retirement five years ago.

We have been retired five years. Can that be possible? I suppose it must be. I know I have grown older. I must be older because my twins turned 41 last January. Ya see, I don't think of my age until I give pause and think about how old my children are. It is by them that I measure my passage into older age. Not old age, I am never going to get there. I rather think of myself as a bit older but never OLD!

It must be five years since we retired because Walt and I retired the year we got married, and that was five + years.

I was diagnosed with MS a year before we got married. I have lived with this degenerative disease for six + years. Now, that having been said, I know I have been retired for five years.

So many different occasions mark the passage of time. Every person has his or hers own set of markers. There are no two sets alike.
I digress, I am supposed to be discussing vacations... not mile markers.

Walt is in Reno, I am here, alone, with my feet up on the ottoman and enjoying the solitude as I worry whether he is all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment