Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Message board substituted for Facebook..

I have been on the MS message board since I was diagnosed in February, 2003. It is a very informative site. Many opinions, a lot of commonality, mutual grief and some anger.
However, I have noticed during the past few months that I am sick and tired of answering the same ole questions! I know the askers are newcomers and haven't a clue what they are up against or are scared skinny. I was there in their shoes many moons ago. However, most do not bother to read the threads that have been posted. Not the entire thread, necessarily, but for Pete's sake, at least the tittle! They pose a question that most likely there has been a thread posted just above the thread they are posting with all sorts of answers to the very same question they are asking.
I wonder if this sometimes is not that they did not read the threads but could it be that they are seeking their personal fifteen minutes in the spotlight?

This particular message board has taken a radical left turn on the side of safety in the past year or so. As is the case with most boards they are monitored. The reasons are obvious. However, now, we cannot even correct our own errors on our own post! Okay, but, suppose I want to delete the post altogether because I have change my mind about posting it? Nah, not allowed. Live with the damn thing out there for all to see that you have put in writing what everyone always suspected, that you are a royal pain and have not a clue as to what you are talking(writing) about!

Of course, maybe after six plus years on the message boards, carefully scanning the posts at least twice a day, I have grown past sharing my illness, symptoms and daily living with those who have an insatiable need to know.

Maybe, I just want to get on with my life. Hopefully my MS, neuropathy and other assorted ailments have taken a back seat.
The upshot is, I am no longer addicted to message boarding! I much rather be on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment