Thursday, August 27, 2009

Swollen feet - what again or still?

We went to our family doctor yesterday. I have very little complaints except these swollen feet are driving me nuts! I can go without shoes most of the time but Winter, as short as it is, is coming. I also need shoes to go to church. I don't think they would throw me out if I showed up with none, but the stares....

Anyhoo, there are three possibilities in my PCP's opinion. One, I take Lipitor. Solution: don't take it for a while and see what happens.
Two, I have heart problems. He does not think so but I am having an echo cardiogram next week. That is sorta like a ultrasound on steroids.
Three, and most likely, since I have Scoliosis (curvature of the spine) that is probably the culprit. I hobble along lopsided when I do walk. My back has gone out more often since I have been so grotesquely hobbled. Solution: Sit down and shut up! ( My solution)

The dear doctor wants so badly to do a MRI on my back. I think I started to sweat before he even got the words out. I have had three MRI's. All of them on my head for my MS. The last time the results were: Too man lesions to count. Whew, no more MRI's! It never occurred to my claustrophobic self that there might be other occasions when a MRI is necessary.

The upshot of all of this is I guess I will have to keep to my wheelchair more and stop being valiant, brave, and just plain stupid in my quest to walk. I am definitely too, too wobbly on my feet. Bite the bullet, sit down and shut up!

No comments:

Post a Comment